Content is at the heart of how your constituents engage online. It’s how you inspire supporters to action and nurture their passion for your mission. But getting top-notch quality and performance from content isn’t always easy.
Nyleva Corley, principal user experience designer at Blackbaud, talks all about how to get the most from your content on today’s episode. Listen in to hear Nyleva speak about how content attracts viewers and drives traffic to your website, the link between content and constituent opinion of your organization, and why a content strategy is critical for social good organizations.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- What content attracts viewers and drives traffic
- How much content is being processed daily
- The definition of content strategy
- Why working on a content strategy is critical
- The link between your content and how your constituents feel about you
- How to take inventory of all your content
- Performing a content audit
- The message hierarchy
- Performing a gap analysis
- Page description diagrams
- Storytelling techniques
- Tailoring your content to specific audiences
- Creating an editorial calendar
- Developing your content style guide
“If you could focus on the content that was most critical to your organization and expire or archive all of the other content, just think of the great content you could be producing.”
“You want to start relationships with your constituents on your website.”
“Content strategy is not something that you do one time, in a silo, all by yourself.”
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!
Originally Published by npengage.com