GivingTuesday is less than two weeks away – but there’s no need to panic. We brought in Blackbaud fundraising expert Tanya Fitzgerald to talk about those last-minute things you can do to be successful, whether you’ve been planning for some time or are just pulling something together now.
Listen in to learn about the most important thing to focus on, how you can leverage your #GivingTuesdayNow campaign and how to steward those first-time GivingTuesday donors.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- How to adjust your approach to GivingTuesday messaging this year
- Leveraging your GivingTuesdayNow campaign for GivingTuesday success
- How organizations can plan out a GivingTuesday strategy now
- Last minute considerations for organizations that have already planned their GivingTuesday campaigns
- What donors want to hear
- Stewarding GivingTuesday donors
- “You need to tell your 2020 story – what happened to your organization this year and how did it affect you all sustaining your mission?”
- “If your organization hasn’t started preparing for GivingTuesday yet, there is plenty of time.”
- “You’re going to have a lot of traffic on your website on GivingTuesday, and you’re going to get a lot of first-time donors. Those are the most costly to acquire so you want to make sure that you keep them.”
- “Don’t be afraid to reach out to your donors. They want to hear from you. They actually really do want to help you and they want to be part of your team.”
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!