It’s a creative brief and they will make your life so much easier!
Creative Briefs are worksheets that communications staff use to collect the specific information they need from others before they begin working on a project. Creative briefs are an essential #CALMnotBUSY planning and collaboration tool.
They should be the first document created before any other content is written, photographed, or designed.
Unfortunately when I took a quick peek at the first 150 or so responses in our 2021 Nonprofit Communications Trends Survey, over 50% of you NEVER use a creative brief.
That needs to change!
Join us TOMORROW for our first-ever Jump Starter workshop and learn why creative briefs are important and the process behind creating them before customizing our samples and templates to fit your organization’s needs.
- Training on what a creative brief is and how to use it in your nonprofit
- Guidance on making important decisions before designing your creative brief, including
- Who will fill it out? Will someone requesting work from you complete the creative brief or will you do it?
- When will it be filled out? Will the creative brief be completed before work is assigned or after?
- Where will the creative brief live? Will you use a paper form, an online form, a Google doc or some other format?
- Sample creative brief templates and questions to help you create a first draft. You’ll get access to sample creative briefs and templates. You’ll have time during the workshop to copy what you want and delete what you don’t, leaving you with your own private copy, customized for your organization.
New Workshop Format with Kivi Leroux Miller
TOMORROW, November 19, 2020
1:00 – 2:00 pm Eastern (10 – 11 am Pacific)
What is a Jump Starter?
Jump Starters are a new workshop format from Nonprofit Marketing Guide where you leave with a first draft of a document or tool. Give us an hour and we’ll give you a bit of training, time to discuss important decisions with peers, drafts and templates to start from, and time to work on your very own copy. You’ll leave each Jump Starter with a first draft you can share with your team and complete on your own.