We are more connected than ever, but loneliness continues to increase. The concept of belonging is important not just in our personal lives, but also at work. Belonging in the workplace has real impacts on employee well-being, retention and business results.
Joining the podcast today is Sarah Judd Welch, CEO of Sharehold, an innovation consultancy that recently conducted extensive research into belonging at work. Listen in to hear what Sarah has to say about how organizations should look at belonging, the impact of DEI initiatives, and how times of uncertainty impact belonging at work.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- Why Sharehold decided to conduct research on belonging
- The core findings of the research
- Why loneliness is increasing and the impact that has on well-being
- The four different types of belonging
- The business case for belonging
- What employers can do in the workplace to increase feelings of belonging
- Who leads the charge on belonging in an organization
- What someone could do to start advancing the idea of belonging in their organization
- Actionable ideas to increase belonging at work
“We saw that the key to community transformation was organizational transformation.”
“We’re in the middle of a loneliness epidemic.”
“What we heard in our research was that there is both an explicit as well as tacit power dynamics that show up in how we belong at work.”
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!